- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp masala
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and diced small
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- kosher salt to taste
- Add onion and garlic and saute 1 minute. Add cumin, masala and curry powder and mix well, cooking 1 minute.
- Place chicken in the pan and season with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro, coconut milk and water.
- Stir all ingredients and cover pan, simmer on medium-low until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer, covered an additional 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Pressure Cooker Directions: Reduce water to 1/2 cup and cook the chicken after step 4 on high pressure for 15 minutes, quick release then add potatoes, high pressure 5 minutes. Let it release naturally.