This recipe is perfect for a light dinner or a lunch with family. You can even take it to party as a appetizer, the family will most definitely be impressed. Go ahead and try this yourself.
½ teaspoon salt
1 medium onion, chopped
3 large eggs
½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
Pinch ground pepper
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 medium zucchini, very thinly sliced
2 large tomatoes, slice
To make it :
- Preheat oven to 350°C. Lightly coat a pizza pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Spread shredded zucchini on large platter or shallow baking pan; sprinkle evenly with salt. Let stand for 15 minutes. Using paper towels, gently press excess moisture from zucchini.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat small skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until onion is tender. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, Parmesan cheese, flour, basil and pepper. Stir in shredded zucchini, cooked onion and mozzarella cheese. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned and eggs are set. Add tomato slices and basil leaves on top . If desired, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake for 10 minutes more.
Makes 4 servings